Welcome to Deerness Park Medical Group
We are confident that our website will provide clear and concise help and give our patients the information they require in an easy and convenient format. It has been designed with the patient’s needs at the forefront of everything, from checking when we are open and closed as well as letting us know any issues you have.
Our dedicated team are here to treat those minor ailments that occur as well as providing specialist management of long-term conditions and clinics covering a wide range of healthcare issues. The technology also means you can now do a lot of things from the comfort of your home such as order a repeat prescription or cancel an appointment.
Once registered, patients and healthcare professionals work together to ensure the most appropriate care is provided. This partnership philosophy extends even further and our active patient group exists to make sure that patient needs and the practice offering are always heading in the same direction.
The enviroment in which GPs are striving to provide services is increasingly challenging:
- An increased demand on general practice caused by demographic changes, more complex health needs and some care moving out of hospitals is all contributing to unsustainable pressures on GP services.
- Based on the current number of doctors working as GPs, and staff who support them in the general practice team, there are simply not enough hours in the day to meet everyone's needs.
- GPs are struggling to recruit to vacant posts in their practices and to find locum cover so that patients can still be seen if a collegue is sick or absent.
- The increasing demand and workload pressures are leading to low morale and stress causing many GPs to leave the profession or to consider early retirement.
- Many GP practice buildings are old and need investment to create more room for patients to be seen or simply to make them fit for purpose.
- GPs and their practice teams must have greater support to deliver high quality services that meet the requirementsof all their local patients.
You can register to book appointments, get repeat medication and view items such as allergies or immunisations through our online facility just click the link below and follow the instructions
TAKE OUR FREINDS & FAMILY TEST BY CLICKING ON HAVE YOUR SAY TAB
The PPG have helped us with a short survey click here for the results PPG Access Survey OCT/2015
(Site updated 04/07/2016)